Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Silicon Beach Fest 2013 (Photos)


Silicon Beach Fest just wrapped over the weekend. Here are some highlights from events I attended last week, including the Digital Women Luncheon, opening party, fashion tech panels, and the Women Developers panel.


Starting at Cross Campus, I ran into my friend Josie and headed over together by foot to Sonoma Wine Garden for the Digital Women Luncheon.


I was happy to recognize a few familiar faces, including Espree above and Kimberly who I recognized from the Bay Area because I took her picture at a Women 2.0 Founder Friday she hosted a few years ago at the Press Club in SF.


Here's Espree, Annie and Karen. We met the founder couple of Brentwood-based BarStar Nightlife app that lets you order and pay for your drinks from your iPhone without the wait. 


Here's Laura of Built by Kids and Umida of parWinr above. After a little break, I headed to the opening party at the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica.


Here's Susan Conner-Steeb of Playlife Media and Andrew Fu, CEO of GoodFit. The next morning, I headed out to shoot two panels for my friend, Karen of Modern Nerd Apparel and The Sassy Six. Well done, Karen!


There was plenty of Roozt and active wear startup Ellie products on display.


Allison Beal of style resource StyleSaint led the Fashion Goes Digital and Social panel, which featured Alicia Younger of Pose, Ashley Torres of HauteLook, Jeff Biesman of Little Black Bag, Corinne Crockett of BeachMint, and David Beveridge of ShoeDazzle.


I caught part of the Digital Beauty panel too. Led by Trina Albus of Magenta Agency, the panel featured Susan Yara of NewBeauty, Meg Young of Jouer Cosmetics, Ginny Chien of Smashbox, and Shalini Vadhera of Shalini Vadhera.


Next, Adam Wescott of PMC Studios moderated the Fashion Content panel, including a huge lineup of speakers: Mika Onishi, COO of Who What Wear, Noah Taubman of Me Undies, Sarah Pollack Boyd of Simply Stylist, Wendy Nguyen of Wendy's Lookbook, Benni Leigh of Maker Studios, and Brent Freeman CEO of Roozt.


I took a day off, and returned to catch the Women Developers panel, featuring a few of my friends. Moderated by Tara Tiger Brown of LA Makerspace, the panel included Shirley Lin of 800 Birds, Tilly Grangaard of STEM Champions Inc, Angie Chang of Hackbright Academy and Bay Area Girl Geek Dinners (Women 2.0 Co-founder), Sophia Viklund of BackCode, Amy Hee Kim from USC's Women in Engineering Program, and Rachel 'Groby' Blum, a software engineer at Google.


Thank you Kevin at Digital LA, Karen, and the folks at Radix Collective for having me. If I missed anyone from the speaker panels, please let me know their names and/or companies in the comments below. Thx!

No comments:

Post a Comment